Geoffrey J.D. HewingsGo Back
Professor of Geography
Professor of Economics
Professor of Urban and Regional Planning
Director of Regional Economics Applications Laboratory
Regional economic modeling, transportation systems
Economic Geography, University of Washington, 1969
- Tae-Jeong Kim and Geoffrey J.D. Hewings (2013) “Inter-Regional Endogenous Growth under the Impacts of Demographic Changes,” Applied Economics 45, 3431-49.
- Gervasio F. Santos, Eduardo A. Haddad and Geoffrey J.D. Hewings (2013) “Energy policy and regional inequalities in the Brazilian economy,” Energy Economics 36, 241–255.
- Laura Atuesta and Geoffrey J.D. Hewings (2013) “Economic welfare analysis of the legalization of drugs: A CGE microsimulation model for Colombia,” Economic Systems Research 25, 190-211.
- Jae-Hong Kim and Geoffrey J.D. Hewings (2013) “Land use regulation and intraregional population–employment interaction,” Annals of Regional Science, 51, 671-93.
- Geoffrey J.D. Hewings (2014) “Spatially Blind Trade and Fiscal Impact Policies and their Impact on Regional Economies,” The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance 54, 590-602
- Tae-Jeong Kim and Geoffrey J.D. Hewings (2013) “Endogenous Growth in an Ageing Economy: Evidence and Policy Measures,” Annals of Regional Science, 50:705–730
- Tae-Jeong Kim and Geoffrey J.D. Hewings (2015) “Aging Population in a Regional Economy: Addressing Household Heterogeneity with a Focus on Migration Status and Investment in Human Capital,” International Regional Science Review, 38, 264-291
- Miguel Marquez, Julian Ramajo and Geoffrey J.D. Hewings (2015) “Regional growth and spatial spillovers: Evidence from an SpVAR for the Spanish regions,” Papers in Regional Science (forthcoming)
- Miguel Marquez, Julian Ramajo and Geoffrey J.D. Hewings (2014) “Spatiotemporal Analysis of Regional Systems: A Multiregional Spatial Vector Autoregressive Model for Spain” International Regional Science Review (forthcoming)
- Kijin Kim, Kurt Kratena and Geoffrey J.D. Hewings (2015) “The extended econometric input-output model with heterogeneous household demand system” Economic System Research 27, 257-285
- Zengkai Zhang, Ju’e Guo and Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, (2015) “The effects of direct trade within China on regional and national CO2 emissions,” Energy Economics (forthcoming)
- Eduardo A. Haddad, Alexandre Porsee, Renato S. Vieira, Eveline van Leeuwen and Geoffrey J.D. Hewings (2015) “The Underground Economy: Tracking the Higher-order Economic Impacts of the São Paulo Subway System,” Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice (forthcoming).
- "Feedback Loops Analysis of Interregional Trade: Case study of the Japanese Economy, 1980-85-90," with Michael Sonis and Yasuhide Okuyama, (2001) Journal of Economic Geography 1, 341-362.
- "A New Image of Classical Key Sector
Analysis: Minimum Information Decomposition of the Leontief Inverse," with Michael Sonis and Jiemin Guo, (2000) Economic Systems Research 12, 401-423
- "Economic Interdependence within the Chicago Metropolitan Region: A Miyazawa Analysis," with Yasuhide Okuyama, and Michael Sonis, (2001) Journal of Regional Science, 41,195-217.