Welcome to Economics Hidden
News & Announcements
It is with deep sadness that we share the news that Professor Fred Gottheil passed away April 17, 2016 after a several month-long battle with pancreatic cancer. Please visit our memorial page to ready his bio, funeral arrangements and leave comments and/or share memories.
It is with much sadness that we share the news that Professor Werner Baer passed away March 31, 2016 following a sudden and brief illness. The Department and University have lost an enormous contributor to the common good: A talented person with a passion for teaching and research, and also simply a passion for life. We will share more information about funeral services/memorial for Professor Baer as we learn of them. Please visit our memorial page to read his bio and leave comments and/or share memories.
- Congratulations to Economics Associate Director of Undergrad Studies, Melissa Newell for receiving the IlliAAC Outstanding Advisor Award.
- Congratulations to MSPE Administrative Assistant, Cathy Ballew for receiving the 2016 Chancellor’s Distinguished Staff Award.
- Department of Economics Convocation - Sunday, May 15, 2016 - Catered Reception begins at 1:30 on the South Quad by DKH. Convocation Ceremony begins at 4:30 pm in Foellinger Auditorium.
- Bone Marrow Drive for former Uof I student Jon Hustedt on 4/21/2016 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at David Kinley Hall. et ready for our 2nd Annual Blood Drive and Bone Marrow Registery with Community Blood Serivces Thursday, April 21, 2016 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at David Kinley Hall. Pre-schedule your Blood Donation here.
- We welcome six new faculty to our department for Fall 2015
- Eliza Forsythe, a graduate of MIT with a specialization in Labor Economics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor after spending a year in a post-doc at Upjohn Institute.
- Marieke Kleemans, a graduate of Berkeley with a specialization in Development and Labor Economics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- JiHyung Lee, a graduate of Yale University with a specialization in Econometrics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor. Jihyung was a faculty member at the University of Washington prior to joining Illinois.
- Jorge Lemus, a graduate of Northwestern University with a specialization in Microeconomics and Industrial Organization, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Minchul Shin, a graduate of The University of Pennsylvania with a specialization in Macroeconomics and Econometrics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Rebecca Thornton, with a specialization in Development Economics, will be joining us as an Associate Professor. Rebecca was a faculty member at the University of Michigan prior to coming to Illinois.
- Econ Photo Gallery
Our undergraduate program prepares students for employment in business and government, and provides an ideal background for graduate study in Law, Business, Public Policy, and Economics. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Master of Science degree is designed to meet the needs of students who require extra training to gain admission to Ph.D. programs or specializations beyond an undergraduate degree to qualify for jobs in international, national and private institutions. The training and specializations also help promote the careers of young administrators in government ministries and central banks overseas. email@example.com
Events & Seminars
5/2/2016 at 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
21 DKH (Lower Level)
5/2/2016 at 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
5/3/2016 at 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
5/5/2016 at 10:00 am - 3:15 pm
5/9/2016 at 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
21 DKH (Lower Level)