Announcements & News
Faculty In The News:
Daniel Dias on Resource misallocation contributed to prolonged Economic slump in Portugal (Illinois News Bureau)
Evan Starr on Evan Starr, Expert on Economics and Labor Relations (Illinois News Bureau)
We Welcome Five New Faculty to our Department for Fall 2014
- Mark Borgschulte, a graduate of Berkeley with a specialization in Labor Economics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Guillermo Marshall, a graduate of Northwestern with a specialization in Industrial Organization, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Adam Osman, a graduate of Yale with a specialization in Development Economics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Woong Yong Park, a graduate of Princeton with a specialization in Econometrics and Macroeconomics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor. Woong Yong has served as a professor at the University of Hong Kong prior to moving to Illinois.
- Evan Starr, a graduate of the U. of Michigan with a specialization in Labor Economics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor. Evan also has an affiliation with the School of Labor and Employment Relations.
Students In The News:
We Congratulate Sungyup Chung and Kijin Kim for Receiving the Top Two Prizes in the Student-led Research Paper Competition of the Regional Science Association International. We are Proud of their Achievement!
Our undergraduate program prepares students for employment in business and government, and provides an ideal background for graduate study in Law, Business, Public Policy, and Economics. Up Coming Undergraduate Events
The Masters of Science in Policy Economics is a professional degree designed to meet the needs of policy makers. Most of the students in this program have career paths that take them into government ministries, central banks, and international organizations.
Our Doctoral program admits students with strong quantitative backgrounds and prepares them for careers in academia and for research positions in government, international organizations, and consulting.
Events & Seminars
Spillovers from Entry: The Impact of Bank Branch Network Expansion
Joseph Kuehn, UCLA | Recruiting Seminar
1/28/2015 | 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm | 7 DKH
Migration Choice under Risk and Liquidity Constraints
Marieke Kleemans, UC Berkeley | Recruiting Seminar
1/29/2015 | 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm | 7 DKH
Estimation of Nonlinear Panel Models with Multiple Unobserved Effects
Mingli Chen, Boston University | Recruiting Seminar
1/30/2015 | 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm | 7 DKH
EMLT: Title TBD
TBD2/3/2015 | 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm | 7 DKH