Announcements & News
Faculty In The News:
Daniel Dias on Resource misallocation contributed to prolonged Economic slump in Portugal (Illinois News Bureau)
Evan Starr on Evan Starr, Expert on Economics and Labor Relations (Illinois News Bureau)
We Welcome Five New Faculty to our Department for Fall 2014
- Mark Borgschulte, a graduate of Berkeley with a specialization in Labor Economics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Guillermo Marshall, a graduate of Northwestern with a specialization in Industrial Organization, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Adam Osman, a graduate of Yale with a specialization in Development Economics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Woong Yong Park, a graduate of Princeton with a specialization in Econometrics and Macroeconomics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor. Woong Yong has served as a professor at the University of Hong Kong prior to moving to Illinois.
- Evan Starr, a graduate of the U. of Michigan with a specialization in Labor Economics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor. Evan also has an affiliation with the School of Labor and Employment Relations.
Students In The News:
We Congratulate Sungyup Chung and Kijin Kim for Receiving the Top Two Prizes in the Student-led Research Paper Competition of the Regional Science Association International. We are Proud of their Achievement!
Our undergraduate program prepares students for employment in business and government, and provides an ideal background for graduate study in Law, Business, Public Policy, and Economics. Up Coming Undergraduate Events
The Masters of Science in Policy Economics is a professional degree designed to meet the needs of policy makers. Most of the students in this program have career paths that take them into government ministries, central banks, and international organizations.
Our Doctoral program admits students with strong quantitative backgrounds and prepares them for careers in academia and for research positions in government, international organizations, and consulting.
Events & Seminars
Testing the Heckscher-Ohlin-Vanek Theory with a Natural Experiment
12/1/2014 | 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
EMLT:Mining Boom and School Education: Evidence from Colombia
12/2/2014 | 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Room 317, David Kinley Hall
12/2/2014 | 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
A Model of Dynamic Limit Pricing with an Application to the Airline Industry
12/3/2014 | 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
"Adapting to Climate Change: The Remarkable Decline in the U.S. Temperature-Mortality Relationship over the 20th Century"
12/5/2014 | 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm