Welcome to Economics Hidden
News & Announcements
- Economics 2016 Graduation reception and convocation photos are available.
- Please visit our memorial page for Professor Werner Baer who passed away March 31, 2016 and our memorial page for Professor Fred Gottheil who passed away April 17, 2016 to leave comments and/or share memories.
We welcome six new faculty to our department for Fall 2015
- Eliza Forsythe, a graduate of MIT with a specialization in Labor Economics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor after spending a year in a post-doc at Upjohn Institute.
- Marieke Kleemans, a graduate of Berkeley with a specialization in Development and Labor Economics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- JiHyung Lee, a graduate of Yale University with a specialization in Econometrics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor. Jihyung was a faculty member at the University of Washington prior to joining Illinois.
- Jorge Lemus, a graduate of Northwestern University with a specialization in Microeconomics and Industrial Organization, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Minchul Shin, a graduate of The University of Pennsylvania with a specialization in Macroeconomics and Econometrics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Rebecca Thornton, with a specialization in Development Economics, will be joining us as an Associate Professor. Rebecca was a faculty member at the University of Michigan prior to coming to Illinois.
Our Undergraduate program prepares students for employment in business and government, and provides an ideal background for graduate study in Law, Business, Public Policy, and Economics. We offer many activities and opportunities to build upon the foundation of academic training, creating well-rounded students through special events, networking opportunities, workshops, and student organizations. email@example.com
The Master of Science degree is designed to meet the needs of students who require extra training to gain admission to Ph.D. programs or specializations beyond an undergraduate degree to qualify for jobs in international, national and private institutions. The training and specializations also help promote the careers of young administrators in government ministries and central banks overseas. firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Doctoral program admits students with strong quantitative backgrounds and prepares them for careers in academia and for research positions in government, international organizations, and consulting in the following speacialized fields: development economics, econometrics, industrial organization, international economics, labor economics, macro, micro and public economics. email@example.com