Announcements & News
In The News:
Economists: Pros, cons to raising the gas tax in Illinois, by Don Fullerton, Julian Reif, and Economics Graduate Student Kaveh Nafari (2015 News Bureau Illinois)
Congratulations to graduate students Nicolas Bottan, Cesare Buiatti, Julia Gonzalez and Jiaying Gu who came in 2nd Place out of 30 teams at the 2015 World Championship of Econometric Games in Amsterdam!
Econ Professor David Albouy contributes to The Economist, April 4th 2015 article "The Paradox of Soil.'
We Welcome Six New Faculty to our Department for Fall 2015
- Eliza Forsythe, a graduate of MIT with a specialization in Labor Economics, is joiniing us as an Assistant Professor after spending a year in a post-doc at Upjohn Institute.
- Marieke Kleemans, a graduate of Berkeley with a specialization in Development and Labor Economics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Jihyung Lee, a graduate of Yale University with a specialization in Econometrics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor. Jihyung was a faculty member at the University of Washington prior to joining Illinois.
- Jorge Lemus, a graduate of Northwestern University with a specialization in Microeconomics and Industrial Organization, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Minchul Shin, a graduate of The University of Pennsylvania with a specialization in Macroeconomics and Econometrics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Rebecca Thornton, with a specialization in Development Economics, will be joining us as an Associate Professor. Rebecca was a faculty member at the University of Michigan prior to coming to Illinois.
Our undergraduate program prepares students for employment in business and government, and provides an ideal background for graduate study in Law, Business, Public Policy, and Economics. Up Coming Undergraduate Events
The Masters of Science in Policy Economics is a professional degree designed to meet the needs of policy makers. Most of the students in this program have career paths that take them into government ministries, central banks, and international organizations.
Our Doctoral program admits students with strong quantitative backgrounds and prepares them for careers in academia and for research positions in government, international organizations, and consulting.
Events & Seminars
Eduardo A. Malasquez
| 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm |
Luca Micheletto (Università Bocconil)| Macro Seminar
| 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm |
Brian McManus (University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill)| Micro Seminar
| 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm |
| 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm |
David Kinley Hall, Room #125