Announcements & News
In The News:
We Welcome Six New Faculty to our Department for Fall 2015
- Eliza Forsythe, a graduate of MIT with a specialization in Labor Economics, is joiniing us as an Assistant Professor after spending a year in a post-doc at Upjohn Institute.
- Marieke Kleemans, a graduate of Berkeley with a specialization in Development and Labor Economics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Jihyung Lee, a graduate of Yale University with a specialization in Econometrics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor. Jihyung was a faculty member at the University of Washington prior to joining Illinois.
- Jorge Lemus, a graduate of Northwestern University with a specialization in Microeconomics and Industrial Organization, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Minchul Shin, a graduate of The University of Pennsylvania with a specialization in Macroeconomics and Econometrics, is joining us as an Assistant Professor.
- Rebecca Thornton, with a specialization in Development Economics, will be joining us as an Associate Professor. Rebecca was a faculty member at the University of Michigan prior to coming to Illinois.
Our undergraduate program prepares students for employment in business and government, and provides an ideal background for graduate study in Law, Business, Public Policy, and Economics. Up Coming Undergraduate Events
The Master of Science degree, with specialization in policy economics, is designed for (i) students who require extra training to gain admission to Ph.D. programs, (ii) students who require specializations beyond an undergraduate degree to qualify for jobs in international organizations and private institutions, and (iii) promising young administrators in government ministries and central banks overseas who require additional training to help promote their careers.
Our Doctoral program admits students with strong quantitative backgrounds and prepares them for careers in academia and for research positions in government, international organizations, and consulting.
Events & Seminars
Matthew Wiswall (Arizona State University)
| Applied Micro Seminar
| 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm |
Sergio Firpo (São Paulo University)| Applied Micro Seminar
| 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm |