Hadi Salehi EsfahaniGo Back
Professor of Economics
Political economy of development
Economics, University of California, 1984
- "An Empirical Growth Model for Major Oil Exporters," with Kamiar Mohaddes and M. Hashem Pesaran, Journal of Applied Econometrics, forthcoming 2013.
- "Oil Exports and the Iranian Economy," with Kamiar Mohaddes and M. Hashem Pesaran, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, December 2013, 53.3: 221-237.
- "Gender, Education, Family Structure, and the Allocation of Labor in Iran," with Parastoo Shajari, Middle East Development Journal, December 2012, 4.2.
- Veiled Employment: Islamism and a Political Economy of Women's Employment in Iran, with Roksana Bahramitash, Syracuse University Press, 2011.
- "Iranian Economy in the Twentieth Century: A Global Perspective," with M. Hashem Pesaran, Iranian Studies, 2009, 42.2: 177-211.
- Diversity in Economic Growth, with Gary McMahon and Lyn Squire in Gary McMahon, Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar, 2009.
- "Is the World Flat? Differential Regulation of Domestic and Foreign-Owned Firms," with Elizabeth
Asiedu, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 2008, 48.2-3: 389-411.
- "Institutions, Infrastructure, and Economic Growth," with Maria Teresa Ramirez, Journal of Development Economics, vol. 70 (2003), 443– 477.
- "Ownership Structure in Foreign Direct Investment Projects," with Elizabeth Asiedu, Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 83 (2001), 647-662.
- "A Model of Efficiency Wages as a Signal of Firm Value," with L. Arvan, International Economic Review, vol. 34 (1993), 503-524.
- "Effort Observability and Worker Productivity: Towards an Explanation of Economic Dualism," with Djavad Salehi-Isfahani, Economic Journal, vol. 99 (1989), 818-836.