Elizabeth T. PowersGo Back
- Email: email@example.com
Director of Undergraduate Studies,
Associate Professor of Economics and at the Institute of Government and Public Affairs
Public economics, Welfare programs, Poverty and Inequality
Economics, University of Pennsylvania, 1994
- "Should Government Subsidize Caregiver Wages? Some Evidence on Worker Turnover and the Cost of Long-Term Care in Group Homes for Persons With Developmental Disabilities," with Nicholas J. Powers, Journal of Disability Policy Studies, vol. 21 (2011), 195-209.
- "The Impact of Minimum Wage Increases: Evidence from Fast-Food Establishments in Illinois and Indiana," Journal of Labor Research,vol. 30.4 (2009), 365-394.
- "Supplemental Security Income, Labor Supply, and Migration," with David Neumark, Journal of Population Economics, vol. 19 (2006), 447-480.
- "The Incredible Shrinking Program: Will Cash Welfare for the Elderly Disappear?" with Todd Elder, Research on Aging, vol. 28 (2006), 341-358.
- "The Supplemental Security Income Program and Incentives to Claim Social Security Retirement Early," with David Neumark, National Tax Journal, vol. 58 (2005), 5-26.
- "Children's Health and Maternal Work Activity: Estimates under Alternative Disability Definitions," The Journal of Human Resources, vol. 38 (2003), 522-556.
- "The Interaction of Public Retirement Programs in the U.S. " with David Neumark, American Economic Association Papers and Proceedings, vol. 93 (2003), 261-265.