Econ Honor Society (ODE)Go Back
Omicron Delta Epsilon International Honor Society
WHAT IS IT? ODE is an internationally recognized honor society in economics. Organizational objectives include recognition for scholastic achievement in economics and provision of a format for information regarding further study in economics, graduate school, and career opportunities. The web site for the national office is http://www.omicrondeltaepsilon.org/
WHO MAY BECOME MEMBERS? Undergraduates qualify for membership if they have:
- at least a 3.0 overall GPA;
- at least a 3.2 GPA in their economics courses; and
- at least 6 credit hours in economics courses at the 300-level or above. .
WHAT DOES IT COST? The $40.00 membership fee (includes $35.00 to the national office and $5.00 to cover expenses for the local chapter). With the application and fee, students receive: (1) the initiation fee for a lifetime membership; (2) a membership scroll; and (3) an online subscription to The American Economist (option to pay an additional reduced cost for two print issues).
WHAT ELSE? ODE membership provides a reference to include on your graduate school or employment applications. Membership includes a subscription to The American Economist which is a potential outlet for the publication of student essays and papers. ODE members are also eligible to compete in national essay competitions sponsored annually by ODE.
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
- If you need more information, you may contact H. F. Williamson, Chapter Advisor, by email email@example.com or the department Undergraduate Receptionist in 214 DKH (333-2682).
- Membership Forms may be accessed online here, or picked-up from the Undergraduate Receptionist in 214 DKH. Please turn in all forms to 214 DKH with payment.