Werner BaerGo Back
Jorge Lemann Distinguished Professor of Economics
Development economics, Latin America
Economics, Harvard University, 1958
- "From privatization to re-nationalization: what went wrong with privatization in Argentina?" with Gabriel Montes-Rojas, Oxford Development Studies, forthcoming.
- The Brazilian Economy: Growth and Development, 6th edition, Lynne Rienner Publishers, 2008.
- "Tax burden, government expenditures and income distribution in Brazil," with A. Galvão, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, vol 48 (2008), 345-358.
- "Neo-liberalism and market concentration in Brazil," with Edmund Amann, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, vol 48 (2008), 252-262.
- "The roots of Brazil's inequality," with Edmund Amann, in Joseph Love and Werner Baer, editors, Brazil Under Lula, Palgrave, 2008.
- The Brazilian Economy: Growth and Development, 7th Edition (2014).
- "Mercosul: It's Successes and Failures during its first two decades," (with Peri Silva), Latin American Business Review, July - December 2014.
- The Regional Impact of National Policies: The Case of Brazil, Edited by Werner Baer (Edward Elgar Publishers, 2012).
- The Economies of Argentina and Brazil: A comparative perspective, edited by Werner Baer (Edward Elgar Publishers: 2012).
- "The economy of Portugal and the European Union: From high growth prospects to the debit crisis," (with Daniel Dias and Jaoao B. Duarte), The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, November 2013.