Professor of Economics
Urban Economics, Applied Econometrics and Real Estate
Economics, Northwestern University, 1987
- “Clustering of Auto Supplier Plants in the United States: Generalized Method of Moments Spatial Logit for Large Samples,” Journal of Business and Economic Statistics 26 (Oct. 2008), 460-471, with Thomas Klier.
- “Changes in the Distribution of House Prices over Time: Structural Characteristics, Neighborhood or Coefficients?” Journal of Urban Economic 64 (Nov. 2008), 573-589.
- “Teardowns and Land Values in the Chicago Metropolitan Area,” Journal of Urban Economics 61 (January 2007), 45-64, with Richard F. Dye.
- “The Aroma of Tacoma: Time-Varying Average Derivatives and the Effect of a Superfund Site on House Prices,” Journal of Business and Economic Statistics 21 (April 2003), 237-246, with Paul Thorsnes.
- “Land Values in a Newly Zoned City,” Review of Economics and Statistics 84 (Feb. 2002), 62-72, with John F. McDonald.